Thursday 30 January 2014

Preparing for GLUTEN

As I had to go to my GP surgery yesterday, I decided to make the most of my time outside of the house and pick up some bits to help me prepare for eating gluten over the next two weeks.


I decided to go to Sainsbury's and get some items so that I could make lunch for the next few days and after picking up some salad and a pack of chicken and ham slices I walked round to the bread aisle.  The first loaf of bread I picked up had a use by date of 01 Feb 14, there is no way I can use up a loaf of bread in three days.  So on to the next loaf, use by 31 Jan 14, I quickly put that back down on the shelf.  Why does bread have such a short shelf life or had they already been sitting there for a while?

Looking over at the wraps I quickly decided against those as they were on the bottom shelf and right now I have difficulty bending down that low.  But when I looked up I saw pitta bread and what stood out for me? Use by 20 Feb 14, perfect!

I also picked up some peppermint tea as I have been having some indigestion type symptoms over the past week and only had ginger and lemon tea at home which wasn't quite doing the trick.  So in anticipation of further discomfort over the next few weeks I thought I had better stock up.

On my way out of the store I looked over the road and noticed that the kebab shop was open, I have been wanting a kebab (I just have the meat and salad, no pitta bread) for the longest time and at that moment it was 3pm and I hadn't yet eaten for the day so I headed across the road.  I can honestly say that I had maybe 10 mouthfuls and I was done, when I looked at what was left it looked like I hadnt even started - what a waste of food - but at least I got what I wanted I suppose.

Anyway, I will begin my gluten introduction today at lunchtime, I am not even sure of the equivalent of one pitta bread to a slice of bread, but I can only eat what I can manage so whatever I can stomach will have to be enough really.

Wish me luck on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment