Sunday 6 July 2014

Moringa Oleifera

Have you heard of the latest health craze? Moringa Oleifera?

Only recently when I was speaking to one of the nurses had I heard of Moringa, she mentioned it in passing and said that it was meant to help with your skin.  I thought nothing if it until I was shopping at East Street Market and I noticed this packet on a stall.  I took a second look and thought "this is what she was talking about" so I enquired further. They have a website as well - www.modrosel.co.uk - she was selling everything at £10 each but I looks like they have a sale on at the moment as prices online are £8.99.


The lady who was selling this had not only the leaf powder, she had tea bags, capsules, seeds and oil. After speaking with her I settled on the leaf powder as I wanted to add it to my smoothies.  What persuaded me to make this purchase was the multiple nutritional benefits that this leaf has and the several different conditions that it can help.

When she mentioned how it helped a sickle cell sufferer with their crises I was intrigued, how is that possible?


It also claims to help with Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Inflammation, Arthritis, Anaemia, Cholesterol and many other conditions.

When I got home I searched the internet for more information and was shocked as to how beneficial all parts of this one tree could be, I was surprised I had not heard of it before.

I added one tablespoon to my smoothie (milk, banana, mixed frozen fruit) and blended, there was a slight taste to it, however I realised the next day that if you reduce the amount then the taste does not come through.  Oh and it will turn you smoothie green!


Later that week I spoke with another nurse and she said that they are all trying Moringa, in different forms, and comparing notes to see what it does for each person.  She even said that her uncle used it for his diabetes and it helped to control his blood sugar levels, but as soon as he came to the UK he stopped drinking it and his blood sugars shot up!

Coincidence or not I don't know but the week i started using it my joint pain reduced significantly.  So that is enough for me to continue using it, there is no harm in trying right?




Related Posts

Smoothie - Banana and Strawberry

Recipe - Green Juice

Naked - Green Machine

Innocent Super Smoothie - Antioxidant

Savse - Super Green





2 comments:

  1. How are you getting on with the moringa powder. I like your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! To be honest I have been slacking a little and have noticed differences which reminds that I need to continue to use it on a regular basis. I have tried the tea though and that is not bad either plus more convinienice to use when out and about!

      Delete