Saturday 12 July 2014

Allergy and Free From Show - Haul




Last weekend was the Allergy and Free From Show in Olympia, Kensington, this year they combined the show with the Vegetarian & Vegan and Back Pain Shows, so it was much larger than previous years.

I had an idea before we arrived of the stalls I wanted to go to but when you are faced with so many gluten free products under one roof it is overwhelming plus there was loads of people which resulted in crowds around the popular brands.

So I made sure to get to Udi's, Genius and most definitely had to find Pudology as I have been wanting to try their products for months now.


genius we're selling any 4 products and a shopper bag for £10 so I got  pack of 4 white rolls, lemon cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes and pain au chocolate.


Udi's were sampling a lot of their newer products but we're not selling everything so I just opted for my favourite toffee and chocolate chip muffins then decided to try their new Tiger Bloomer.  These were £1 each.


Here I picked up two packs of the tomato and basil soup, mini breadsticks, tomato corn rolls and chilli corn chips.  Everything was £1 but they only charged £3 for the whole lot!


Nairns had my favourite chocolate chip biscuits, their offer was 5 items for £5, I was just going to get five packs of the chocolate biscuits but as I had been looking for a decent cracker I opted to get two packs of their whole grain crackers, which I sampled before I purchased!


We found this stall opposite nairns and I just tried these peach sweets and had to purchase them at £1 a pack you can't go wrong. They are so flavoursome and don't leave a synthetic sugary after taste like most sweets do.


I finally found and tried Kabuto gluten free rice noodles, they are good! I think they were selling them at 2 for £2.


Got these delicious cupcakes from Ms Cupcake who are based in Brixton (I will definitely need to make a visit to their store) I got 4 cupcakes for £9.50, mint chocolate, red velvet, lemon drop and pink champagne.


I didn't even know that Trek was going to be there, so glad I found them as I got 16 bars for £10, bargain! I got 4 each of oat & raisin, banana bread, cocoa coconut and cocoa oat.


My last purchase of the day was of course, Pudology.  Their offer was 4 for £5, it's such a shame that I can not get these in my area but one of the ladies kindly gave me the order number for tescos so I will see if they can order them in for me. I got banoffee pud, chocolate pud, strawberry pud and lemon pud. Still need to try the chocolate orange pud and if that is as good as the chocolate pud I will be in heaven!


I wish I took a trolley with me, like so many other people had, it was definitely the opportunity to stock up, I was lucky to have some birthday money to spend otherwise I don't think I would have been able to purchase half as much as what I did. I do regret not getting more savoury items like the pastas and pizza bases, also they had a lot of frozen goods on sale but I didn't want to risk them thawing out before I got home, so will definitely need a freezer bag as well and maybe a car!

Key tip, check the dates on some of the items as I noticed they have either a short shelf life or they purposely bring items that are nearing the sell by date, that's fine just make sure the item will freeze well so that you can put it away at home rather than having to eat everything straight away.  Although with all these yummy treats stocked in my cupboard there is no way I will let them go to waste. 






Related Posts

Taste of London @ Regents Park - I won tickets!

Foodie Festival - Haul

What I Won With Udi's

Gluten Free Goodies


Asda and Wholefoods Haul





No comments:

Post a Comment