Saturday 10 May 2014

COYO - Coconut Milk Yoghurt - Raw Chocolate

There is so much hype surrounding coyo at the moment that i thought I would definitely have to try it in order to find out what all the hype was about.  I did my research and was desperately seeking shops which stocked coyo.



I had been meaning to go in to Wholefoods for a while as I knew that would be the only place to stock coyo in my area and I was right.  I found all of the flavours but finally opted for the raw chocolate flavour hoping that it would be a bit more decadent than the others.

The price took me by surprise because the tub was so small, but i thought "what the hell" and went ahead to the till.  Surprisingly enough I managed to have this small tub in my fridge for a week before I finally decided to try it - I don't know how I managed to resist considering I had been waiting so long to try it.


So on Friday night I went ahead and opened up the tub, it looked appealing and I noticed that there were little chocolate pieces as well - all looked good.


The consistency when I put my spoon in was nice and thick and I suddenly thought "this is not something that I will devour, I will savour it"


However upon tasting it I was disappointed, it was bitter and flavourless, ok yes I did choose raw chocolate, but I thought there would have been a bit of a chocolatey taste.  I tried again thinking maybe I got it wrong, but sadly no.

This product is not for me, well maybe just the raw chocolate flavour, it seems like it has a natural/greek yoghurt vibe to it - which I was never a fan of, I prefer the sweetened yoghurt - so choosing something as bitter as raw chocolate was definitely the wrong combination for my taste buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment