Sunday 2 February 2014

Day 2 & 3 - GLUTEN worries

Day 2
I think I'm going to work myself up in to a frenzy worrying about these symptoms but all I can think about is the pain that I use to endure and that is enough to make me never eat gluten again.

Yesterday was much the same as day 1, I had the same lunch and was more focused on my back pain, so much so that I had to take some painkillers to allow myself to move more freely.  Going to sleep I was a nervous wreck as that is the time I would normally get really bad stomach cramps, I felt a twinge around 2am this morning but it didn't get any worse. Fingers crossed it continues like this but I also hope I am eating just enough gluten so that whatever it is they look for will show up during these procedures.

Day 3
I had to do some shopping as I'm due to go back to work next week and where I am losing weight still none of my clothes fit. So £45 later in Primark I managed to get some essentials but still couldn't find the coat I wanted in New Look so we headed to another branch but before that decided to stop for a late lunch at GBK.

I had a chicken burger (chargrilled) with skinny fries and a sprite, it kinda felt good being able to choose anything I wanted from the menu however I was dreading eating that bun.  But when the food came it did not seem like a lot so I felt a bit calmer about eating it. Nevertheless it took me a lifetime to eat, with every bite I literally had to sit back and chew, it was hard work, the slower I ate the fuller I got but I did well. (Forgot to take pictures) I gave my brother the fries that I had left and I only left 2 mouthfuls of the bun on the plate, I even gave up the remainder of my sprite to my brother as well.

When I got home after 4pm I felt so stuffed, thought I was going to have some indigestion problems, but it passed and I just felt really thirsty.

Although it was not a bad experience the worrying overtook everything, I somehow just need to relax and enjoy these two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment