Wednesday 26 March 2014

Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint by Barry M

have been debating whether to get shellac nails for a long time as I use to regularly get acrylics and then moved on to silk wrap and then gel nails.

After seeing Fuse Gelnamel starter kit I was tempted but some reviews put me off. Then I spotted Models Own Hyper Gel Polishes and thought is it really possible to have a nail polish act like a gel that does not need to be cured under UV?!?

Several reviews later I noticed that people were comparing these to the Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint by Barry M so decided that this would be the place to start.


I chose a light pink (dragon 344) and a dark purple (plum 348). They were £3.99 each but Superdrugs currently have them on offer at 2 for £6.


The pink didn't seem to be as thick as the purple and definitely needed more than one coat.


When I applied the nail polish it seemed streaky at first but if you leave it for a few seconds (once applied to the nail) it evens itself out.


As you can see I used the pink for an "accent nail" and I think it came out quite well.

The directions say you should use a base coat but doesn't suggest a top coat, I assume this is due to the Hi Shine finish that the nail polish already has!

Maybe the only difference between this and gel polish, is how long the polish last's before it begins to chip!




Related Posts

ManiPedi - Shellac Nails

Rimmel London 60 Seconds - 510 Euphoria



No comments:

Post a Comment