Sunday 9 March 2014

Gluten Free Goodies

Here are a few new things I picked up this week whilst out and about.


I found these in Sainsburys and thought "yum" as I use to love them both before I went GF.


However my first bite of the Pink Panther wafers was not pleasant, first word that came to mind was dry and second was tasteless. Not impressed at all. I tried again a couple of days later and there was no difference. Needless to say I will not be buying these again.


On the other hand the Jaffa Cakes by Kelkin were not bad at all, the only bad point is that the cake base is a little on the dry side, but other than that they have the great orangey chocolatey taste just like I remember. 


I originally picked up the chocolate flavored Trek bar in Sainsburys and it was so good that when I saw them in Asda a few days later I picked up some more.

Flapjacks use to be my easy go to breakfast or snack before becoming GF, so I'm glad I have finally found a brand that is GF and also nut free.

From what I have tried so far, they are moist, flavoursome and filling.



This flapjack by Linsuit looked interesting when I saw it sitting on the shelf in Asda so I thought it would be good to try and then make a comparison to the Trek bars.


I bought the Udi's muffins last week and only after I had devoured them I realised I hadn't taken any pictures!

Surprisingly it is one chocolate chip muffin and one toffee muffin. I assumed the flavours were combined, so when I bit into the toffee muffin first I was shocked that there was no chocolate chips (duh!).

That was my only disappointment, I can not fault them at all as they are moist, moreish and flavoursome!

So when I saw the last pack on the shelf in Asda I grabbed it with both hands.


After hearing so much about the new Genuis products I was excited to finally find the croissants in Asda.  It looks like they stock the Pain Au Chocolate as well but there was none on the shelf.

When I read the back of the pack it looks like these have to be put into the oven for about 10 mins before eating, so not a grab n go kinda breakfast option.




Related Posts

Taste of London @ Regents Park - I won tickets!

Allergy and Free From Show - Haul

Foodie Festival - Haul

What I Won With Udi's

Asda and Wholefoods Haul





No comments:

Post a Comment