Friday 6 June 2014

Foodie Festival - Haul


The Foodies Festival is at Clapham Common this weekend, 6-8th June 2014. Check their website www.foodiesfestival.com or Facebook https://m.facebook.com/FoodiesFestivalor Twitter @foodiesfestival for more details on locations near you.

It was FREE ENTRY from 5-9pm today (6/6/14) for their 'Welcome the Weekend Party', so I went along to see what it was all about.

Live Music, food, drink and sunshine made the evening very enjoyable whilst wandering around the many different stalls sampling and tasting different treats.

As well as picking up some Jerk Chicken and Rice from Etienne's Cuisine (@etiennescuisine), some Popcorn from Popcorn Kitchen (@popcornkitchen) and a Energiser Juice (apple, orange and ginger) from Ascorbic (@ascorbic1948), I purchased some gluten free goodies to bring home with me.


MANGOJO
We sampled some lovely flavoured ice teas, still and sparkling varieties, I opted for the sparkling flavours - Sicillian Lemon Presse and Green Tea & Pomegrante Presse and Green Tea - they were at a special price of £1 each.





ANGELIC
My eyes lit up when I saw the magic words, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free!  They had 4 different biscuit varieties, Cranberry, Orange Chocolate, Double Chocolate and Ginger Snaps. Then 2 savory flavours, Rosemary & Sea Salt and Chilli.


After sampling them all, I opted for the two chocolate flavours and both savory flavours as they were at a special price of 2 for £4.



SOULFUL ONE POT


With five different varieties to sample I thought I was spoilt for choice, until I was told that only two of which were gluten free, but I am not complaining because both tasted so good that I couldn't leave them there.


I picked up the Thai Green Chicken Curry with Kelp Noodles and the Butternut, Lentil & Spinach Hotpot.  Absolutely  bloody delicious!

They were on offer at 2 for £5, with a RRP of £3.99 each.


All in all it was a great evening, would have been even better if I could have sampled some of the alcohol delights on offer.

So if you have nothing to do this weekend and you are in the area, purchase your tickets and head on down to the Foodies Festival for some lively treats and live music.




Related Posts

Taste of London @ Regents Park - I won tickets!

Allergy and Free From Show - Haul

What I Won With Udi's

Gluten Free Goodies


Asda and Wholefoods Haul






No comments:

Post a Comment